Long Arm Quilting
Complete those beautiful quilt tops by having Phyllis meet your long arm quilting needs. Your top would be quilted in a non-smoking, pet-free environment. Phyllis can offer suggestions for the quilting based upon your budget and quilt design.
Pricing (per square yard)
Top Length x Top width/1296 * rate of quilting = Quilting Price
- Quilting Rates
- Additional Charges
Edge to Edge Designs:
Level A – $16
Level B – $18
Level C – $20
Custom Quilting: $22-$24
(Minimum Quilting Charge is $30)
I sell Warm & Natural and Warm & White at 120” wide.
Piecing the backing: $5 for crib & throw sizes, $10 for twin or larger
Lining up a pieced backing with the top: $10
Metallic thread: varies depending on size of quilt
Rush Orders: 20% up charge
- Do not baste together the quilt top, batting and backing.
- Press all seams so they lie flat.
- Attach borders properly so they are not wavy.
- Clip all loose threads, remove any stray pins, and do a final check to see if any seams need to be re-stitched.
- Press your quilt top and backing. It is best if you can hang them over hangers so that they remain smooth.
- Mark the top center of your quilt top and backing with a safety pin.
- Backing should measure 4-6” larger than the top on all four sides to allow for placement on the rails and quilting.
- For best results, square up your backing so that it gets placed correctly on the quilting machine.
- If you have a pieced backing, seams should be pressed open for smoothness.
- If you must use a sheet as your backing, please wash it several times and remove all hems.